Kinivo 550BN Blinking

I have had the 550BN since May and it has always worked great. I switched out some of my computers and now 1 machine is fine the other two I tried continuously blinks the monitor every 10-15 seconds it goes dark then comes back. I have tried different cables and different ports on the back of the device to no avail. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

We’re sorry you’re having an issue with your Kinivo HDMI switch. Please try these steps to fix the issue:

1. Unplug all HDMI and power cables from the switch.
  2. Verify that all the HDMI cables are working properly by plugging each of them directly into your TV or projector (without using the switch).
  3. Connect only one input to the HDMI switch. Make sure each end of the HDMI cable is fully inserted. Loose connections can cause a cable to malfunction.
  4. If it still does not work connect using HDMI input 1, then try HDMI inputs 2, 3, (4 and 5 if you have a 5 port switch) to see if the source device works on any of the inputs.

We recommend using the highest-quality and shortest HDMI cables you can to reduce chances of signal loss and other problems. Preferably 15 feet or less.

HDMI adapters, converters, boosters, amplifiers, extenders, and in-wall cables sometimes also cause signal problems with HDMI cables. If you have any of these in your setup, we recommend you try testing the switch without them.

Please be assured that we will keep trying to fix this issue or send you a replacement product.

It seems that the issue you’re experiencing with your 550BN monitor is specific to two of your computers. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try:

Check the display settings on the affected computers:
Make sure the display settings on these computers are configured correctly. You can check the resolution, refresh rate, and other settings to ensure they match the monitor’s specifications.

Update graphics drivers:
Make sure the graphics drivers on the affected computers are up to date. You can download the latest drivers from the manufacturer’s website.

Try a different input source:
If your monitor supports multiple input sources (e.g., HDMI, DisplayPort), try switching to a different input source to see if that resolves the issue.

Check the cables:
Although you mentioned that you’ve tried different cables, it’s still possible that a cable is faulty. Try swapping out the cables with ones that you know are working to see if that makes a difference.

I hope these suggestions help you to resolve the issue with your monitor :blush: