Symptom: The switch does not automatically display a device.
- Make sure auto-switching is turned on. You can also turn it off, then on again. To toggle auto-switching, hold the Switch button for three seconds.
- Move the device to a different port to see if auto-switching works when it uses that port.
- Test the device with a shorter cable (15 feet or shorter).
- Power the HDMI switch off and on.
Devices that power their HDMI ports even when turned off (Xbox One, PS4/PS5) or can not be shut off (Chromecast, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV devices) will not trigger auto-switching.
These devices are still compatible with the switch, and will pass video and audio at the maximum supported quality, but will only be accessible by using the remote control or pressing the “Switch” button on the front of the switch.
Devices with known auto-switching issues:
- Xbox One
- Apple TV
- Amazon Fire TV devices
- Some Cable/Satellite boxes